With the DHI method, extracted hair follicles from the donor area are directly planted one by one in the microchannels opened in the recipient thinning area with a DHI patented tool which is a pen-like device consisted of a micromotor and a hollow needle. The experience of the DHI team is crucial for the success of the hair transplant.
Although the DHI method is similar to the FUE method, it has several advantages and disadvantages:
- Extracted hair follicles are immediately planted in recipient area and therefore they are only in outside of the body for a very short time.
- They are easily planted among the hair strands in thinning area.
- With the DHI method, implanted hair continues to grow for life and does not fall off the transplanted area.
- DHI method takes longer than the FUE method.
- The DHI method is more expensive.